TuneIn and Garth Brooks are joining forces to launch Tailgate Radio from Brooks’ SEVENS Radio Network to bring all genres of music to sports fans’ next tailgate party.
Exclusively available on TuneIn, Tailgate Radio complements TuneIn’s extensive global sports coverage, including complete coverage of the 2023 college football season, to help fans get the party started before every game and keep it going even after the game is over.
Hosted by Maria Taylor, the station weaves her vast sports knowledge and insight with a music playlist that will keep listeners’ energy high whether they are tailgating or throwing a party at home.
“Working closely with Garth and his foundation as we created the PowHER program, which mentors middle school girls, has been nothing short of amazing,” says Taylor. “ And now, we are embarking on Garth’s extraordinary vision to connect sports and music fans with Tailgate. It’s such an honor to be chosen by greatness to be a partner in the radio space.”
From the start, Tailgate Radio will feature a roster of shows, including:
- Tailgate Top 20 with Maria: Maria Taylor will DJ this weekly countdown highlighting the 20 biggest songs across genres from a specific year while running through some of the biggest sports stories from that year.
- Block Party: Saturday Night 4-hour Mixshow featuring everything from Luke Combs to Beyonce to Eminem. This will be the music you need to fuel your party into the wee hours.
- Tailgate Takeover: Starting with Garth Brooks, celebs & athletes will take turns as guest host of the program, giving listeners a window into the music and playlists that set the vibe for their favorite stars.
“This is one of those ideas someone says, ‘Why didn’t we do this a long time ago?’” says Brooks, “This combines everyone’s passion for sports and music. It also allows you to enjoy your tailgate, barbeque or poolside party without doing the work. There’s so much music on this channel, Tailgate Radio will be everyone’s favorite.”
Set to launch just in time for college football season kickoff, fans can pair Tailgate Radio with TuneIn’s extensive global coverage of nearly every sport through a new integration created exclusively for the station. TuneIn Switch allows listeners to easily jump between the music driving their pre- and post-game celebrations and the games themselves.
Tailgate Radio is the second channel from the SEVENS Radio Network exclusively available on TuneIn. The network’s first station, The BIG 615, launched on TuneIn in June with Host Storme Warren, and has quickly climbed the ranks as one of the highest-performing stations on the platform drawing in a global audience.
- Tennessee Titans 2023-24 Season Game Predictions - September 8, 2023
- Tennessee vs. Virginia Football’s Record-Breaking Attendance Marks A Historic Milestone for Nashville Sports Council - September 7, 2023
- Titans Name Seven Captains Ahead Of The 2023 Season - September 7, 2023