The Tennessee Titans have made their final roster decisions ahead of the 2023-2024 NFL season along with acquiring former Patriots kicker Nick Folk via trade.
The 38-year-old, who initially joined the Patriots during the latter portion of the 2019 season, went 32-of-37 on field goals in 2022, including 14-of-19 from 40-plus yards, and 4-of-5 from 50-plus yards. Folk went 16-of-19 from 40-plus yards and 5-of-8 from 50 plus yards in 2021, and 13-of-16 from 40-plus and 2-of-3 from 50-plus in 2020.
In 57 career games with the Patriots, he made 89.3 percent of his field goal attempts (108-of-121), at one point setting a franchise record for 36 in a row, and 91.3 percent of his extra points. Folk, who played in college at Arizona, has also played for the Dallas Cowboys, New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
In 211 career NFL games, he has converted on 82.9 percent of his field goal attempts and 96.8 percent of his extra points.
The Titans sent a seventh-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft to the Patriots in exchange for Folk, who is entering his 16th season.
Some of the more notable cuts include, wide receiver Racey McMath, linebacker Chance Campbell, wide receiver Mason Kinsey, defensive end Sam Okuayinonu and linebacker Ben Niemann.
More roster shuffling is expected to take place, however, players from other teams could be claimed in the coming days. Any player acquired via a trade needs to pass a physical for the trade to become official.
All NFL teams are allowed to sign 16 players to their practice squad, beginning today (Aug. 30).
The following players have been informed they’ve been waived/released:
– Chance Campbell – Linebacker
– Shyheim Carter – Defensive Back
– Michael Dwumfour – Defensive Tackle
– Eric Garror – Defensive Back
– Tre’Shaun Harrison – Wide Receiver
– Steven Jones – Defensive Back
– Tyreque Jones – Defensive Back
– Mason Kinsey – Wide Receiver
– John Leglue – Offensive Tackle
– Armani Marsh – Defensive Back
– T.K. McLendon – Defensive End
– Racey McMath – Wide Receiver
– Thomas Odukoya – Tight End
– John Ojukwu – Offensive Tackle
– Sam Okuayinonu – Defensive End
– Jacques Patrick – Right Back
– Reggie Roberson – Wide Receiver
– Andrew Rupcich – Offensive Tackle
– Thomas Rush – Linebacker
– Trevon Coley – Defensive Tackle
– Jaleeel Johnson – Defensive Tackle
-LB Ben Niemann – Linebacker
-DT Kyle Peko – Defensive Tackle
– Kevin Rader – Tight End
– Jordan Roos – Offensive Guard
– Tyler Shelvin – Nose Tackle
Placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List:
– Caleb Farley – Defensive Back
Moves from Injured Reserve to Commissioner Exempt List:
– Hassan Haskins – Right Back
- Tennessee Titans 2023-24 Season Game Predictions - September 8, 2023
- Tennessee vs. Virginia Football’s Record-Breaking Attendance Marks A Historic Milestone for Nashville Sports Council - September 7, 2023
- Titans Name Seven Captains Ahead Of The 2023 Season - September 7, 2023