The Nashville Predators, in connection with the Tennessee School for the Blind, will host USA Hockey’s Blind Hockey Development Camp Aug. 10-13 at Ford Ice Center Antioch.
“Team USA is very excited to start the 2023-2024 hockey season in Nashville with our training and development camp, and [to have] the opportunity to partner with the Predators,”says Michael Svac, USA Hockey Head Coach & General Manager. “Without the support of the Tennessee School for the Blind and the Predators organization, this would not be possible. We are very appreciative of the city of Nashville for welcoming our team of athletes with a vision impairment to your community and we want to thank you for helping our players achieve their dream and the opportunity to represent our Country…The United States of America.”
People from across the country with varying visual impairments will head to Nashville in hopes of making the roster and joining Team USA to compete in international play throughout the season leading to the Paralympics. This will be the first time that the Nashville Predators have hosted the USA Hockey Blind Hockey Development Camp.
The Predators will also host an international series between Team USA and Team Canada Blind Hockey over the weekend of Oct. 13-15 at Ford Ice Center Antioch. Both teams will have closed practices on Thursday, Oct. 12 followed by games on Friday Oct. 13, Saturday, Oct. 14 and Sunday Oct. 15.
Blind Hockey Facts:
- The puck is made of 22-gauge steel and is 5.5 inches wide by 1 7/8 inches tall.
- The puck is hollow with eight ball bearings to make noise.
- The net is three feet tall and six feet wide.
- Players may not wear white colored jerseys or socks as they do not contrast well against the boards or the ice.
- Goalies are to wear a blindfold under their helmet to even the playing field.
- Slap shots are not permitted during play.
- Players may only stick tap in their offensive zone to allow for effective communication with their team.
- Tennessee Titans 2023-24 Season Game Predictions - September 8, 2023
- Tennessee vs. Virginia Football’s Record-Breaking Attendance Marks A Historic Milestone for Nashville Sports Council - September 7, 2023
- Titans Name Seven Captains Ahead Of The 2023 Season - September 7, 2023