The Nashville Predators Foundation, empowered by SmileDirectClub, will host their first of two Hockey Fights Cancer Nights on Nov. 19 as the Preds host the Lightning at Bridgestone Arena.
The Preds Foundation looks to build off the support seen during their Hockey Fights Cancer efforts last season, which raised $400,000 for the 365 Pediatric Cancer Fund presented by Twice Daily.
“We are proud to support this incredible initiative and celebrate the fight against cancer,” says Rebecca King, Nashville Predators Vice President of Community Relations. “We want to encourage our fans to contribute to this campaign and raise awareness for the vital cancer research that takes place at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt.”
Hockey Fights Cancer is a league-wide initiative created by the NHL and the NHLPA to unite the hockey community in support of cancer patients and their families. Players will show their support by wearing special Hockey Fights Cancer jerseys and use lavender stick tape during warmups. Additionally, some of Nashville’s iconic structures and businesses—the Adventure Science Center, AllianceBernstein, Bridgestone Arena, Bridgestone Tower, Grand Hyatt Nashville, Korean War Veterans Memorial Bridge, Historic Nashville Metropolitan Courthouse and the scoreboard at First Horizon Park–will be lit in lavender as a display of support.
“We’re so grateful for the longstanding, caring partnership of the Nashville Predators and Hockey Fights Cancer,” says Meg Rush, MD, MMHC, President of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. “Their support bolsters our ability to drive life-changing advances through pediatric cancer research, including the development of new treatments and how we personalize cancer care for each child.”
To help make an even bigger difference, the Nashville Predators Foundation is calling on Smashville to support Hockey Fights Cancer, the 365 Fund and the important cancer research taking place at Monroe Carell. Here is how fans can get involved and show their support:
- Bid on silent auction items, such as lavender jerseys to be worn by the Preds in warmups before the Hockey Fights Cancer game and plates decorated by patients at Monroe Carell, by texting PREDS to 76278.
- Donate to the 365 Fund Pediatric Cancer Fund presented by Twice Daily.
- Purchase a lavender “I Fight For Foam” puck in honor, or in memory, of someone fighting cancer. Stop by the Foundation table (Section 106/107) during a Preds game to purchase.
- Purchase tickets to the Nov. 19 game and $10 from each ticket purchased through this link will benefit the 365 Fund.
- Vanderbilt Standouts Ray Davis & Mike Wright Enter Transfer Portal - December 5, 2022
- Kentucky To Face Iowa At 2022 Transperfect Music City Bowl - December 5, 2022
- MTSU’s Chase Cunningham, Vanderbilt’s Ray Davis Named Comeback Player Of The Year Semifinalists - December 2, 2022