Belmont University is realigning its athletic department which includes a series of staff promotions leading into the schools first year in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Renee Schultz has been elevated to Senior Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Success/Senior Woman Administrator. Schultz will oversee areas of academic support, student-athlete services & career development, sport ministry, NCAA compliance, sports medicine, and sports performance.
Josh Ward has been elevated to Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Engagement. Ward will oversee areas of athletic marketing, revenue generation – including sales and sponsorships, licensing and ticketing, brand management, and messaging.
James Woody has been elevated to Senior Associate Athletic Director for Administration. Woody will oversee areas of internal operations, budget and finance, human resources, facilities, and event management.
Schultz, Ward and Woody join Belmont University Vice President/Director of Athletics Scott Corley to comprise the athletic executive leadership team.
“As Belmont athletics begins a new chapter in the Missouri Valley Conference, this felt like the ideal time to realign people and responsibilities within our department,” Corley says. “These moves will allow us to become more efficient and responsive to the needs of our student-athletes and coaches. Equally important, it allows me the opportunity to reward many members of the staff with well-deserved promotions and added responsibilities.”
Corley announced the following staff promotions and title changes:
- Kim Anderson has been elevated to Director of Sports Medicine.
- Luke Bolanos has been elevated to Director of Athletic Communication.
- Heather Copeland has been elevated to Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- Colette Keyser has been elevated to Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Success.
- John Langdon has been elevated to Director of Compliance & Student-Athlete Development.
- Dr. Ryan Neises has been elevated to Director of Student-Athlete Formation.
- ReAnna Rice has been elevated to Assistant Director of Administration.
- Greg Sage has been elevated to Associate Athletic Director for Broadcasting & Media Relations.
- Jarrett Thompson has been elevated to Assistant Director of Sports Performance.
The department realignment includes the following changes to sport oversight:
- Schultz assumes sport oversight for women’s basketball, volleyball, women’s soccer and women’s golf.
- Ward assumes sport oversight for men’s soccer and cheerleading.
- Copeland assumes sport oversight for softball and women’s tennis.
- Keyser assumes sport oversight for baseball.
- Steve Barrick assumes sport oversight for men’s tennis.
Corley maintains sport oversight for men’s basketball, men’s golf, and men’s and women’s cross country and track & field.
- Marcus Ericsson Driven To Win MCGP With IndyCar Championship On The Line - August 5, 2022
- Belmont Women’s Basketball To Play In Gulf Coast Showcase Over Thanksgiving Weekend - August 5, 2022
- MTSU Set To Retire Kevin Byard’s Number - August 4, 2022