Nashville Predators Foundation To Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night On March 25
The Nashville Predators Foundation, empowered by SmileDirectClub, will host their second Hockey Fights Cancer Night of the season on March 25 as they face off against the Seattle Kraken at Bridgestone Arena at 1 p.m. CT. The Predators Foundation looks to build off the support seen during their Hockey Fights Cancer efforts last season, which raised $400,365.23 for the 365 Pediatric Cancer Fund presented by Twice Daily.
“We are excited to host our second Hockey Fights Cancer Night of the season,” Nashville Predators Vice President of Community Relations Rebecca King says. “This incredible League-wide initiative unites the hockey community to support cancer patients and their families, and we want to encourage fans to contribute to this campaign and raise awareness for the vital cancer research that takes place at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt.”
The Preds will also reveal the statue of former goaltender Pekka Rinne on the Bridgestone Arena Plaza before the game. Rinne, who founded the 365 Fund with former team captain Shea Weber, will visit Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt on March 24 to present a check from last season’s Hockey Fights Cancer initiatives.
“As we enter our 10th year of partnership, we are truly grateful for the support of the Nashville Predators and Hockey Fights Cancer. Over the last decade, the 365 Fund collectively raised over four million dollars in donations and in-kind contributions to advance research and improve outcomes for our patients with childhood cancer,” says Meg Rush, MD, MMHC, President of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. “None of this would be possible without the foresight and generosity of 365 Fund founders Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber. We are thrilled to welcome our long-time friend and supporter Pekka back to Monroe Carell this week in celebration of all he has done for the children we serve.”
To help make an even bigger difference, the Nashville Predators Foundation is calling on Smashville to support Hockey Fights Cancer, the 365 Fund and the imperative cancer research taking place at Monroe Carell. Here are how fans can get involved and show their support:
- Bid on silent auction items – such as lavender jerseys worn by Preds in warm-ups before the first Hockey Fights Cancer game on Nov. 19, hockey skates decorated by a local artist and patients at Monroe Carrell and more – by texting PREDS to 76278 beginning March 24.
- Donate to the 365 Pediatric Cancer Fund presented by Twice Daily. The goal is to raise $36,500 through these donations.
- Purchase a lavender “I Fight For” foam puck in honor, or in memory, of someone fighting cancer. For $10, the buyer will receive one puck and one will be added to the Hockey Fights Cancer net at Bridgestone Arena, which represents all those being fought for in Smashville. Stop by the Foundation Table (Section 106/107) during a Preds game to purchase.
- Purchase Mystery Pucks from the Foundation Table.
- Fans can stop by one of the “I Fight For” Zones at the game and write who they fight for. The zones include the Lexus Lounge (Player Wall by locker-room), Foundation Table and Fan Info Desk (Section 331).
- Purchase tickets to the March 25 game and $10 from each ticket purchased through this link will benefit the 365 Fund.
- Dierks Bentley To Host 2023 NHL Awards At Bridgestone Arena - June 1, 2023
- The Sports Credential Essentials—June 2023 - June 1, 2023
- Titans Punter Brett Kern Announces His Retirement - June 1, 2023